A positive and uplifting atmosphere largely determines one’s quality of life. We strive to create social programs and individualized activities to match the capabilities and needs of each guest.
This also has a powerful impact in the healing process of our short term guests with programs geared to them in addition to the programs geared towards our long term population.
Specific activities can include
- Active resident and family councils and volunteer programs
- Musical performances
- Current events update and reading the newspaper
- Singing exercises
- Fitness activities
- Stretching exercises
- Religious services
- Outside entertainment
- Board games
- Table games (bingo-Pokeno-horse Racing)
- Chinese games(Mahjong-cheese-bamboo)
- Field trips and outing
- Volunteer involvement
- Movie night
- Asian programs and other cultural/holiday celebrations
Each guest is provided with a monthly calendar to keep them informed of upcoming events such as birthday parties,movie night, musical programs, outings, ice cream social, and other special events.
We always welcome friends and families to visit and attend our special events.
Call Long Island Care Center, in Flushing, Queens today